For Christmas this year from work I got a DELL D820, Intel Core 2 T7400 @ 2.16Ghz, 2 Gigs of RAM and 100 Gig Hard Drive. It is sweet. Any how, I had to move computers which can be a pain. Here is the list of must have software tools I have installed. If you develop web applications, this is a must have list.
- CrapCleaner – A must have to easily keep your PC running smooothly and not letting crappy temp files cog your memory.
- HomeSite – My HTML/PHP editor of choice. I only wish Macromedia/Adobe had never bought them. Macromedia/Adobe have basically stopped development of this once fine product, but I haven’t found anything better.
- UltraEdit – My Text editor of choice. This thing can do almost anything and best of all it handles huge (over 100mb) text files without a problem.
- Visual Studio 2005 – I do all my .NET work out of here, I also just installed SP 1 and have found it to speed things up.
- SQL Server & Management Studio 2005 – It took a little bit to get use to it vs Query Anaylizer/Enterprise Manager but I like it now so much better.
- FireFox 2.0 – My default Web Browser for so many reasons (most of them are extensions listed below)
Extensions for FireFox:
- FasterFox – Speeds up FireFox by changing some default settings
- FireBug – A must have for debugging web applicatons
- iFox – My theme
- ColorZilla – A great tool to get HEX values of colors.